CDF P-MF #2 on the left; spray dried material on the right. Note the lack of agglomeration with the spray-dried material.
The powder spreads very consistently with no streaking. It also packed very nicely, with no apparent need to compress the feed chamber (it has nowhere to compress to!).
There is nothing dramatic to note here. Both feed and build sides performed perfectly.
Detail of feed and build sides using spray-dried powder.
One thing I did notice… I occasionally found hairs in the powder on the feed side. I think these are due to the brush I am using, as its hairs sometimes find their way through the mesh.
Despite this being only ceramic materials, with no sugar or Maltodextrin, I decided to run a part. There were no issues here either. Unlike in previous cases where powder was not spreading properly, the surface filled predictably after each pass, so the binder was only ever applied to fresh powder.
Next on the agenda: gain access to the spray drier so I can start batching some spray-dried powder from scratch.