I’ve been designing a new dry mixing unit which is based on a ribbon mixer with a double helix. More to come soon!
Before removing the CDF P-MF #1 from the machine, I tried what Mark had suggested. I re-ran it using a thicker layer resolution. I simply selected the ZP15E powder and used it to create a new material setting. Resolution was set to 0.008”. This worked well! The issue with tearing on the feed side of the machine remained, but it didn’t seem to affect the build side, as with each pass, the printed area was reliably filled. Of course this is a coarse setting and the build side showed this, as the surface was never really pit-free. The spread surface has rough texture, almost like if you were to scrape a groged body at the leather hard stage. Essentially you can see daylight through the current layer down to the previous one where binder has already been applied which means that the powder is not completely filling the surface. This isn’t a viable solution for what I’m doing right now and, but I learnt how sensitive the system is to matching powder with machine settings.
Running the CDF P-MF #1 powder at 0.008” resolution. Image on the right shows the same area after a spread during printing.
A layer at a latter stage. Core definition can be seen.